Contemplating retirement? Do you find yourself asking:
- Will I outlive my money?
- Have I saved enough to retire comfortably?
- How do I receive the maximum benefits from social security?
- Will I be able to provide for those I care about now, throughout retirement, and after I am gone?
If you are uncertain about the answers to any of these questions, we are here to help.
Statistics show that the number one concern of Americans planning for retirement is that they will outlive their money. With that in mind, we offer this potential approach. With the proper amount of assets, we may diversify a client portfolio utilizing 3 methodologies of retirement income planning:
- Flooring Approach: Potential guaranteed income for basic necessities such as housing, food, clothing, transportation, etc.
- Systematic Withdrawal Approach: Spending down portions of your portfolio based on a predetermined percentage of your investments.
- The Bucket Approach: Ear marking pools or “buckets” of assets that will be withdrawn from at different times throughout your retirement years e.g. unforeseen medical expenses.
A properly structured retirement portfolio should also help protect against these risks:
- Longevity risk
- Early death of a partner
- Rising health care costs
- Increased need for health care
- Expense of long-term care
- Impact of market volatility
- Sequencing of returns risk
- Liquidity risk
- Inflation risk
Our goal is to create not only a retirement income portfolio that addresses these risks but gives you options on how to most suitably utilize your assets throughout your retirement years.